Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a long week.

I'm exhausted, and yet, I decided to write to you, instead of getting some much needed sleep. Tomorrow is Friday, which has no meaning for me, since I work through the weekend. In fact, I haven't had a day off work since October 29 and my next break isn't until November 11. I'm not sure why I do this to myself. Oh wait! Yes I do. It's because California rent sucks.


I'm sorry to report that Eric and I did not win the Smashbox Face Off photography competition. However, the opening reception was fantastic and Eric's photo was just as professional and good lookin' as the rest. We arrived to this brightly lit, red carpeted event. Eric had a petrified look on his face all night and I was just having a ball wondering around to all the different rooms enjoying the festivities of the evening. In an Out catered the event, there was a Journey cover band. Journey!! And it was a lady!! What!! I'll admit, after a few drinks it was kinda fun to rock out and embarrass Eric with my "Don't Stop Believing" moves. But again, Journey?? You would have thought they could have come up with a better cover band then that! Or what about some up and coming band, it is LA after all! Falling right before the election, it was also very Obama centered, as the following picture proves:

Eric, Joe and I, Smashbox Face Off Competition 2008

All in all, we had a great evening. I'm hopeful that with persistence and some hard work, Eric and and I will enter more competitions and eventually make a name for ourselves. It will come in do time, for that I'm sure. And to wrap things up for this evening, here are a few more photos from Face Off 2008.


Joe and Eric (with the terrified look in his eyes).


Me and Eric. Eric and I.

Eric, without the terrified look in his eyes, but plastered all over his face - and me, of course.

No comments: