Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Moving!!!

I can't even begin to express the load of relief I am feeling right now. We (the roommates and I) just heard we got the apartment we wanted. I'm so excited!! It's 5 doors down from the apartment I lived in 3 years ago out here, which actually is now level with the ground. Sad. :( It's not easy finding a landlord who will accept three medium sized dogs. So our new place is 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Yea for me!! I get my own bathroom. And my room is going to be bigger then what it currently is, AND my closet is also going to be bigger AND it has a small patio for me, AND it has a dishwasher AND it's less money!!! Oh Man!!! I can't wait. It's so exciting. We take possession on December 15th which is just right around the corner. It'll give us a couple weeks to slowly get moved over before we officially have to be out of Greenwood Avenue on January 1. I'll get some preliminary pictures posted as soon as I get some. Now that I know I won't be homeless, which continued to clutter my brain, I'll be able to start job hunting again.

As far as jobs go, I've got a few good leads. I've been really working hard on making connections with people I meet. Just today while working Starbucks, I complimented a lady on her jewelry. Come to find out, it was all her work. I told her I've been dabbling in jewelry and have been wanting to learn more, so she gave me her card. Said she could use some help with Christmas orders and that she'd teach me. Perfect! We are planning on getting together this week.
OH MY GOSH!! I attended the Twilight movie premiere at FOX theater in Westwood on Monday night. Insane!! And let me be more clear. I didn't actually get to SEE the movie, I just went to watch all the actors arrive on the red carpet. I got there around 4:30 and the streets were packed. Thankfully I was fully prepared. I'm not the only Twilight fanatic out there, and this proved it. There were girls in "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" shirts, which I had yet to know existed, and now I totally need one! The anticipation was almost unbearable. After standing around for more then 2 hours, packed in like sardines in a can, they actors finally started to arrive. But not all at once, oh no. It took another full hour just to get all the actors there. It started with the supporting roles and worked its way up to Edward and Bella, the main characters. At one point, rumors started rolling that Edward and Bella weren't actually going to show up. Oh, but when they did, I had to hold my ground to not get smashed by screaming 16 year olds. It was well worth it. The pictures I got were lousy. I couldn't hold still long enough for them not to be blurry. I'm hesitant to see the movie though. I hold the books to such high standards, that I'm afraid of being completely disappointed. I'm just not sure I could handle it.


Team Edward or Team Jacob???

1 comment:

Kristin said...

:) So glad you found a place...it sounds wonderful, now we just need to set a time for me to come for a visit!