Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Updates.

It's Thursday morning and as I'm getting ready to head into Starbucks and I thought I'd take a minute to update everyone on what's been happening. My days have been consisting of mostly work and no play. However, I've taken it into my best interest to start job hunting again, for the 9-5 job, so I can have my evenings and weekends free. Now its just work work work, 24-7.

Last night I had a Emergency Prepardness event at Paramount Studios. Just learning, as event planners, what to do in case of an emergency. It was informative, but the great part of the evening was what I did at the cocktail hour afterwards. The Event Manager of Paramount Pictures was there and I walked up to her and asked her if we could get together in the upcoming weeks so I could find out more how she broke into the business, etc. But really, it's a great way to get my name out there so that next time they are hiring, she'll hopefully remember me!! She loved the idea and mentioned meeting for lunch next week. I was proud of myself for taking the initiative and can't wait to join her for lunch.

Wednesday night I "bartended," (more like handed out drinks) at an EcoStiletto sponsored Girl's Night Out "Dress For Success" Party. An event collect work clothes for needy women trying to get back into the work force. It was a long, but fun evening, and hopefully Bash will get some business from it. Which is the reason we did this, for free! Unfortunately, half the guests keep asking if I was the liquor rep. for the organic vodka we were serving. I had to keep correcting them and letting them know we were an Eco-friendly event planning service. Oh well. We did get asked to serve drinks at a party next week that Dustin Hoffman and Cindy Crawford are hosting. I'm in!! More on that later. To check out the photos of the evening (I'm in a white vest), click here: http://www.ecostiletto.com/index.php?/Beauty/photos/C4.

Shawn Johnson, our Gold Medal winner in girls gymnastics, stopped into Starbucks with her Mom. She didn't order a coffee though, just got a Fizz Soda. My co-worker Matt was estactic and asked if he could get his picture with her. Then he spent the rest of his shift calling all his friends and family to tell them about it.

While we're at it. Here is a picture of Espy and I at work:


When I walked into work today, my co-workers told me I had just missed, by seconds, Jennifer Garner. She had sat down and enjoyed her tea, AND I MISSED IT!!! I was really upset about that. Really, I was. But Eric got to work on Andrew Keegan's computer today at Apple. Eric called him "dreamy." Ha ha Ha. I love my roommates!!

No comments: