Tuesday, October 13, 2009

3rd Quarter of Classes.


My friend Jennifer Tart and Me.

Woo Wee. Another break has come and gone and school has started up again. Besides a three day trip to Utah to see my Mom and Aunt, my break was pretty miserable. Nothing at all like a break should be. Even the trip to Utah ended in tears, but more on that later.

So here we go. After a second quarter that sucked all life, spirit, love, joy, ambitions, excitement and all over will to live, I'm back for round three. I regained my strength and managed to pull it together just enough to continue on this road of my life called: Design School. Because I love my life too much, I've toned down my school work load and only enrolled for three classes. Here they are:

Tuesday, 8:30am - 11:15am
*Computer Graphics I - An introduction to the creation of presentation documents, drawings, and layouts, using Adobe Illustrator software. The course emphasizes the creative integration of the computer to extend the capabilities of traditional presentations. Students develop a project with practical applications, combining text, "colorized" AutoCAD drawings, digital, and traditional media.

Tuesday, 12:00pm - 2:45pm
*Presentation Techniques - Fundamental concepts of representative drawing, sketching, and mechanical perspective are reviewed. Employing colored markers, pencil, samples, and swatches, students create presentation drawings and sample boards for portfolio use.

Tuesday, 3:00pm- 5:45pm
*Textile Science for Interior Design - This course examines the textile processes--fiber through finishing. Emphasis is placed on fiber, yarn, basic weaves, finishing, and dyeing. Students gain knowledge and experience in selecting appropriate fabrics for specific end uses in interiors. Students test fabrics to determine suitable performance levels related to those end uses.

Yep, Yep, Yep. Tuesday is an intense day for me, but I think I'm going to love all my classes. I'm so excited to learn Adobe Illustrator! Presentation techniques is going to be fun fun fun!! I'll really be able to turn my drawings into wonderful works of art. Most importantly, I'll be able to create extremely professional concept boards that will oooohhh and aaahhhhhh my clients. Lastly, Textile science, I can't say that will be the most exciting class, but I am looking forward to the science part of it. I'll be learning way more about fabrics then I've ever cared to know, but it's a completely different type of learning then my other two classes so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Gotta go study!
Ciao!!

No comments: