Sunday, March 15, 2009

Celebrity Update, TMZ Style.

As requested, here is my latest celebrity sightings:

-Ben Affleck, twice now he's been into my Starbucks. Twice now, I've mostly missed him. First time he came in, I was on a ten minute break, sitting at one of our tables with my noise in a book. He stood in line and ordered a coffee and not 30 seconds after he left, my break was over and my co-workers told me I just missed Ben Affleck. "WHAT!!!" I screamed. "And you didn't tell me!!! What's wrong with you!! I as sitting right there!!!" At which point I told my co-workers I was extending my break and was going to go find him. After a failed attempt at hunting him down like a crazy fan, I went into Barnes and Noble next door to ask if they had by chance noticed if a certain Ben Affleck was in their store. They said he hadn't come in. As any good citizen would do, they told me if they saw him, they'd come and let me know. So, with the look of defeat on my face, I went back to work. Half heartedly I continued to work, all the while letting my co-workers know how they'd really let me down and they'd better not do it again. Next thing you know, the Barnes and Noble guys are knocking on the window and madly gesture for me to look out the window. BAM!!! Their he was!!! Ben Affleck in a big poofy black down jacket and a beard that made him look like a mountain man. I just barely caught a glimpse of him before he past by our store window. But I saw him, and that's what counted. Next time, if I get to be lucky enough to make his drink, I think I'll write my phone number in the foam, smile sweetly, give him a cute little wink and hope for the best!

Well now...if he isn't the cutest thing ever.

-Well, wouldn't you know. Ben, as I'll furthermore refer to him as, came in again. This time, I was in the back room, counting tips. My manager comes back as says to me, "Kara, stay calm and breathe." At which point, I know someone good had to be out in the lobby. However, this time, my manager got me so worked up that I was giggling uncontrollably, and half way hyper-ventilating. By the time I composed myself enough to walk out front, he was gone. AGH!! I didn't even get a glimpse of him this time. I only got to see his black Mercedes, with windows tinted so dark you couldn't see in, pull away. Shoot. Another missed connection.

Let's see, who else....

Oh yea, LeAnn Rimes walked through with her boyfriend. They didn't stop to get a coffee or anything, just passed through into Barnes and Noble where they proceeded to peruse the magazines. She definitely wasn't looking like this. She had jeans and a hoodie on, minimal make-up. LeAnn Rimes none-the-less.

A
lanis Morisette showed up to one of Bash's trunk shows. This was all the way back in December. That was exciting. I guess she's like best friends with one of the girls who was showing her stuff. Anyways, at such a small intimate event, it was pretty cool having her there. It gave me something to do.....which was watch her out of the corner of my eye. She has that big toothy smile that was fun to see in person.
Well, that's the good ones I can think of right now. One of my co-workers said that we had one of the ladies who played Austin Powers assistant come through the line. I remember looking at her and trying to place her, but, as I'm not an Austin Powers fan, she didn't look familiar to me. She did, however, have bright red hair. If that is any clue for you Austin Power fans out there.

Lastly, Linda Hamilton from Terminator was another one that supposedly came through. Again, I remember looking at her and thinking, is that you?? I'm going to guess it was. I'm sure I've served coffee to several "somebodies." They just all look so differently outside their roles on the big screen or stage. They look like........normal people. Humm, who would have guessed that!

No comments: