Sunday, February 15, 2009

Come On In. Take a look around.

I was talking to an old friend of mine the other day. As we were getting all caught up on the in's and out's of whats been happening in our lives, I began to try and describe my new apartment. Finding myself all tongue tied and giving terrible visuals, I gave up and said, "check my blog, I'll post pictures within the week." So, true to my word, Kenny, and all my friends and family who have yet to have a chance to come visit me in the beautiful state of California. I'm inviting you all into my new apartment to have a look around. Now, as to not give off any false impressions, no cleaning was done prior to these photos. This is the real deal folks.

Welcome to 11660 Texas Avenue, Apt #202. The building holds a total of 9 apartments, three to each floor, with parking underground. Our apartment is on the second floor, middle unit. From this particular shot, you can't see our door. It's behind the big bushy tree on the far right. So come on! Step right in and have a look around.

Welcome! The picture above is the view you'd have if you just stepped inside. To the left is our living room, dining room (in the far back corner), and behind the wall with my two bookshelves is our kitchen. To the left of this photo, beyond where you can see, is the hall that leads to our bedrooms.

The view of our living room from our dining room.

And a view from the dining room into our kitchen and living room. Our dining room was a holding place for piles of junk until we recently obtained this cute little table from Mom and Ron, who happened to spot it at a Goodwill for an exceptional price! Thanks Mom & Ron!!! The only fault, no chairs!! This, however, was a great thrill for me, as it means I am able to pick up random chairs, repaint them any color I want, and have a "shabby chic" table. As of this posting, I'm thinking of painting the table a brilliant shade of lime green. (I'll have to run that one by the roommates first!) Plus, I was already able to score one sweet chair of the curb. Ha Ha Ha. A behavior all to familiar to those nearest and dearest to me!

A full view of the kitchen.

Now, picture yourself back at the front door. From there, take a right. You've now entered the hallway of bedrooms. We love how the bedrooms are so separated from the rest of the apartment. It gives the feeling of spaciousness. The first door on the left is my bedroom. If you continue down the hall and turn left, you'll run into my bathroom and the boy's bedroom.

Behold my bedroom. I can't say I have the most tidy bedroom, but I blame that on lack of space. I've tried to cram a lot of stuff into this room, and as it appears, it's not all fitting exactly as planned. Like the hammer at the end of the bed. Yes, I'd currently rather step around it then put it away. I haven't finished hanging everything I'd like to hang yet. I'm getting to it. Geez!! Now let's move on.

Now as you continue down the hall, past my bedroom, turn left. BAM! You've just ran into my bathroom. Perhaps not exciting to you, but after sharing a bathroom with two guys for 6 months, I'm thrilled to call that bathroom MY OWN.

Out of respect to my roommates, I've left their room out. It's right next to my bathroom and they have their own bathroom connected to their room. Their room is larger then mine, but their bathroom is smaller. Too me, fair trade-off.

Last, but not least, our beautiful patio that houses most my plants. A great place for me to sit out in the sun and read a book. And, an even better place to lock the dogs out on when they won't stop following me around! Ha Ha Ha. I'm not kidding. I hope you enjoyed the tour of 11660 Texas Avenue!

No comments: