Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Merry Christmas to you!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed a peaceful day with friends and family.

Originally, I was to spend Christmas in LA working. However, I was only scheduled 19 hours at Starbucks and decided that wasn't worth sticking around LA for. So at the last minute, I hopped in the car with Gracie, for a 15 hour drive, and headed up to Pocatello, Idaho to spend Christmas with Mom and Ron.

I arrived on Tuesday to at least 9 inches of snow and it hadn't stopped coming down since. I think at one point there was at least a foot of snow, with more expected to come. It's was great! It really was. It is a nice change from the never changing LA weather. It felt so much more like the Christmas holiday then LA. Plus, it's great to be with family.

We took the dogs for a nice Christmas Day walk on the country club behind the house, and with the snow so deep, Mom and I wore snow shoes out. The following video is for your enjoyment:


It was sad to have to head back to LA. Pocatello has a way of sucking me into the small town life. It's peaceful and relaxing. If I didn't have the drive to be a successful, hot-shot, powerhouse, then I'd probably move to Pocatello. However, I do have that drive, even if it's not entirely apparent at the moment, and I just don't feel Pocatello has room for a girl like me.

Anyways, I drove straight through and got back home around 2 am Tuesday morning. I woke up to a clear, sunny sky and 70 degree weather. Ahhh, I do love the weather here. I can't wait to head to work tomorrow and see the ocean again, get back in the grove of things. Only one more day of 2008. Haven't had any great accomplishments worth mentioning. Sad, yes. But that's okay. 2009 is going to be my year. I've got a lot of great things planned and goals to accomplish. This is the year Kara makes a name for herself here in La La Land. Goal #1: Getting up when my alarm goes off. (It's been quite a problem lately). Hold on, because the ride is just beginning!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

:D FYI - you kill me! That video was priceless...it made me laugh so hard! It also made me think we definitely need to plan a time to get together in 2009, so add that to your list of things to accomplish. Glad you got to go home, we really do need to catch up one of these days - you've got some explaining to do of that email!